Flows for APEX is a powerful workflow engine extension for Oracle APEX applications. Model your business processes with BPMN, develop your process steps in APEX, and monitor your running processes with the Flows for APEX application. Flows for APEX was created as a community project by team of experienced APEX professionals to meet the workflow requirements in many APEX applications.
Flows for APEX v22.2 is out now!
The latest release of Flows for APEX, v22.2, adds several exciting features to make workflows more powerful and easier to run:
- re-use process components with Call Activities, allowing one process diagram to call another diagram
- integrate Oracle APEX v22.1+ Approval Tasks into your BPMN workflow process
- simpler and more intuitive definition of gateway routing with Gateway Routing Expressions
- additional language support for Japanese (ja), Brazillian-Portuguese (pt-br), Spanish (es), and German (de)
- under the covers, we’ve added extensive regression testing, bug fixes, and more.
Watch 'What's New in Flows for APEX v22.2' on APEX Office Hours
The Flows for APEX team presented ‘What’s New in Flows for APEX v22.2’ in the last APEX Office Hours call on September 29th, 2022. This included a detailed demo of Flows for APEX v22.2 new features, including:
- Call Activities
- Improved Gateway Routing Expressions
- Integration with APEX Approval Tasks and the Unified Task Inbox
Integration in your APEX application
3 process plug-ins are part of the distribution to make the integration easier:
- Manage Flow Instance: start, stop, terminate, reset and delete the entire flow instance
- Manage Flow Instance Step: start, reserve, release and complete a single step
- Manage Flow Instance Variables: set and get process variables