You are not looking at the latest version of the documentation. Check it out there.
- A Link is a mechanism for connecting two sections of a Process.
- Link Events can be used to avoid long Sequence Flow lines.
- The use of Link Events is limited to a single Process level (i.e., they cannot link a parent Process with a Sub-Process or one pool to another pool).
- There can be multiple source Link Events, but there can only be one target Link Event.
- In V5.0, the Name property of the throwing event(s) and the catching event must be identical. For the avoidance of doubt, this is the ‘Name’ field in the diagrammer, not the ‘Details - Link Name’ property, which is currently not used.